Monday, January 25, 2016

# CARNE ASADA POR DIAS!!!! YASSSSSS



Ok sorry didn't mean to send a blank email.

This week went by super duper fast.  I can't really remember what
happened, bare with me.

So we started off the week with the missionary conference on
Wednesday, super duper awesome.  It was cool to think that all the
missionaries in he world were watching the same thing.  Relearned a
lot of awesome things.

This week I wanna talk a little bit about Irma.  She is one of the
most prepared people I have ever taught in my life.  She literally
walked into the church one Sunday and just started going to church.
So she has been doing this for about three months, but she has been
going to the English ward.  So finally we were able to start teaching
her and she is getting baptized!  When we asked her to read and pray
about the Book of Mormon she was said, " well from the little that I
have read I know that it's true,  I have already seen it answer my
prayers."  What?!  OK.  So she came to church with us yesterday and
just couldn't stop talking about how much she loved it and that she is
going to keep coming for the rest of her life ☺️. I ❤️Irma

This week I have been reflecting a lot on how as missionaries our job
is not to teach, that is the job of the Spirit.  We have noticed in
our teaching that if we are making sure that the spirit is present and
that we have planned a lesson according to their personal needs, the
spirit teaches them exactly what they need to do.  The coolest thing
in the world is when an investigator can teach themselves.  That's how
it's suppose to be!  If the spirit is teaching they will tell you they
need to live the gospel not the other way around.  So cool.

We had a cool experience this week with a girl named Heidy.  She is
always super busy because of homework so we decided that we would help
her with it one night with her debate homework, you would never guess
what it was about.  Whether the 10 commandments still apply today.
Hmmm I wonder what God wanted us to do...  Ok so we whipped out a
little Mosiah 13 and talked her the Ten Commandments. Heck yeah they
still apply today!  She got super excited and committed to reading the
Book of Mormon before she does homework from now on. Fist pump.

Awkward

A less active told us he peed the demons out of him 😳

We ate carne ASADA three nights this week.  My skirts are all too
tight now 😬. But it's sooooo good #carneasadagut

I gave my first talk in Spanish yesterday.  I never want to do that again.

The lettuce fields literally look like slavery fields.  The lettuce
fields ruin our lives and take all of our investigators till the wee
hours of the night.

Right after the camel pic was taken, the camel bit Hermana Kiel on the
shoulder 😅😅 also helmet hair still exists here in Yuma the struggle

No comments:

Post a Comment