Monday, January 18, 2016

# That lettuce is free right?....




The more we come to understand the atonement of Christ the greater our
desire will be to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

The more and more I study about my Savior and the love that he has for
us, the easier it becomes to share the plan that God has for us.  This
week was filled with lots of humbling moments where was able to
recognize how small I am, and how great is our God!  This week a we
met with a man named Javier.  He is an a middle aged guy who has quite
a few health problems and has lots of doubts about our message.  We
started out with him telling us everything wrong with our Church and
how we need to stop worshiping Jose smith and yada yada yada.  Like
most lessons start out:). But something really cool happened.Hermana
Gubler and I both felt like all we needed to do was testify and teach
him about the power of prayer.  What I really wanted to do was start
bible bashin with him because I love me a good little brawl.  But like
everytime I want to God told me  "Um, no."  So I didn't.  Thank
goodness, because what happened was awesome.  As we talked with him,
he became more and more kind, more and more receptive.  He stopped and
looked at us and said " I have never prayed outbound before, I am
scared to do it."  I asked him if he would pray right then and there
and he said no. What was I suppose to do?  He doesn't want to pray, I
can't make him pray.  But the spirit told me that he had to pray.  So
I was trying to convince him, which never works, and again he said no.
All of the sudden The spirit said as clear as a bell, just pray for
him to have the desire to pray.  So I did.  And After we all said
amen, he started his own prayer, a very simple but heart felt prayer
praying for us that we would be safe and that we would be happy.  The
spirit is someone that is truly everyone's best friend, he knows
people better than they know themselves and is some that knows exactly
what they need when un perfect missionaries like me don't.

Just thought I would share that simple experience with you☺️

Awkward
So every missionary listens to band called Nashville Tribute band,
which is a country Christian band from Utah.  Well Hermana Gubler and
I started our own band called Compton Tribute Band.  Hire us for any
event in the Yuma area.

Found some more mops on Mexican porches.  Still don't know why they do that

We contacted a referal from Hermana Gubler's dad!  We thought he was
going to be Mexican but SURPRISE, total gringo.

I tripped so hard in relief society and even the presidency laughed at
me, glad I can always be an entertainment for others.  Really though
it was so hilarious, fell right on my face.

A convinced a lady in a bath towel to have us come back and learn
more. That was a first!

There is a rumor going around The mission that I sleep in a doo rag
don't know where that started...

Also happy MARTIN LUTHER KING JR DAY.  Sorry I can't be home to remind
you all to watch Selma and listen to Otis Redding and Sam Cook but
please do it.

I may or may not have took lettuce from a already harvested lettuce
field.... It was a double dog dare, I HAD TO DO IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment