Monday, October 26, 2015

#8 "These are a few of my favorite things."

Ok so being a missionary is muy suave (very cool).  There are so many things that I love about my calling so I thought I would share a couple with you.

1.  Street contacting.  This is by far my favorite thing to do in the whole Entire world. Going up to random people and just making a new friend is the best.  Listening to the stories they have to tell and relating it to the gospel.  Elder Holland said that "if you truly listen to someone with the spirit of the Lord, what they are saying will highlight a gospel truth.  Always". How amazing is that, being on my mission I have seen this everyday.  Next time you are talking to someone who doesn't have the gospel think about it.  How can this relate to the blessing of the gospel.

2.  Being at the right place at the right time.  This week we were trying to figure where to go tracking after a lesson and my companion said that we should go visit this family that hadn't been returning our calls. So we go, and Olga opens the door and starts yelling saying she didn't have time to talk with us, and that she wanted us to go away.  But missionaries are like a cold you can't shake it off.  We stayed and she ended opening up to us.  Something really bad happened to her that morning and she really needed god's love.  We shared D&C 121: 7-8 with her ( which is my favorite scripture)  the spirit was SO strong.  She thanked us and told us we were the answers to her prayers and that she regretted shutting us out.

3.  THE MEMBERS. Oh my goodness we have so many members I want to talk about but I don't have time.  They are the best, they are so willing to come out with us to lessons and fellowship.  They also feed us. FEED THE MISSIONARIES.  WE LOVE IT.

4.  Teaching the law of chastity.

5.  Having a companion who sings like a Disney princess

6.  TEACHING THE GOSPEL

AWKWARD
we went hiking this morning and we made a new friend😊.
I get asked what part of Mexico I am from everyday 😑
Then they realize I don't speak Spanish and they laugh at me 😒
One of our investigators wouldn't let me leave till I drank a huge cup of soda for a dirty and I mean like dusty cup.

Everyone go read Ether 12 k?  Email me what you learned about faith k?

No comments:

Post a Comment