Wednesday, September 2, 2015

#1 First letter from the MTC




The CCM is one of the most beautiful places ever!  There are palm trees everywhere, the scenery is amazing, and the people her make it even better.  When we got off of the plane they put all 50 of us missionaries onto buses and shipped us the CCM. The drive there was a little scary, aparently no one follows traffic laws here, good thing we had the Lord on our side or I would have started freaking out.  Luckily we made it safe and sound, and apparently right when our bus pulled in Elder Chirstoferson pulled out which is kinda a bummer but that´s ok.  The first couple of days were filled with lots of meetings and an overwhelming amount of Spanish.  To be honest every night I would lay in my bed thinking of ways that I could escape and get out of Mexico.  I was so confused, so frustrated with the language and my hate for Mexican food has only grown here haha.  I honestly thought what did I do?  

But then we started to teach our first investigator. His name is Ivan and I love him.  Though we can not speak Spanish very well, we are still able to bring the spirit every single time we are with him, and he is able to recognize that.  It has honestly been the hardest experience of my life, and I truly miss you all.  I have never been humbled so many times in such a short period.  But I also have never been closer to el EspiritĂș Santo in my life.  I have grown so much in the past two days, I wish I could tell you every thing that has happened but I don,t have time!!  All I can say is that there is no where else I would rather be right now, and that I know that I have un Padre Celestial who knows me and knows that I can conquer this language.  He needs me to be his tool!  He needs us all to be his tools! He trusts me with His work, how incredible is that?

I guess I should tell you about my district.  I have the best district in the entire world.  Period I do not care what you say.  It is true.  We have cuatro hermanas in our district which is super rare and super fun.  We have seriously the most incredible time together, and they became my friends instantly.  Hermana Huxford y Hermana Kynaston are companions are seriously I feel like I have know them my whole life.  We laugh way to hard together.  Its like an old fashion sleep over every night haha.  Hermana Cloward is my companion who I love so much.  She is so good about reminding me what it means to be an obedient missionary and how to always have the spirit with us.  We have learned so much about what works and what doesnt when teaching Ivan and we have been humbled many times hahahah the other day we were teaching the word of wisdom and all of the sudden the spirit left, neither of us could speak spanish and Hermana Cloward started to cry hahahaha IT WAS AWFUL.  We realized that we werent allowing the Spirit to teach and that we needed to shape up.  We have our next lesson today and we know it will be amazeballs.  

AWKWARD MINUTE
In my first lesson I asked Ivan if his brothers could have kids, instead of did they have kids.  He was really creeped out, then I asked him if he had a girlfriend and creeped him out even more. Also Hermana Huxford got a blessing by our branch president and he said "I now place your hands in your head"  I seriously laughed for about 20 minutes.  I can}t blame him though, cause my spanish is muy mal.  Then yesterday, oh my goodness, It was my job to clean the water dispenser things in the comador, I managed to spill 20 liters of water all over the place.  They told me I could go back to class after that hahahhah Man I am embarassing.  

I love you all so much and thank you for your prayers!! I defiantly feel them, please know that I am safe and so incredibly happy.  I have never been happier than I am at this moment.  Doing God´s work is such an honor for me and I can{t wait to see the way he is able to bless the investigators lives I teach.  LOVE YOU 

Hermana Lambert


this is Hermana Huxford, Hermana, Kynaston, Hermana Cloward, and Elder Pedelski y Elder Lopez who are mi faves and the rest of my amazing distict herE at the CCM  

No comments:

Post a Comment