Wednesday, September 16, 2015

#3 "I ate a potato sandwich today"

This week has been one for the books ladies and gentlemen.

First of all we talk REAL PEOPLE THIS WEEK.  Can you believe that they trust us with real people already?  It was only a ten minute lesson, but We got to get to know them pretty well, which is so important when you are a missionary.  At least thats what my fake investigators tells me.  

My absolute favorite part of this week was so special, and such a tender mercy for me.  If you know me at all, you know that the temple is my favorite thing in the enitre world.  Not being able to go the past 3 weeks has been tough for me.  I have been craving it like crazy.  Well, the Mexico city temple finally was rededicated on sunday!  We were able to watch the cultural celebration, and to be honest it was a little bit painful to watch haha.  It made me understand how much spanish i DONT know.  It was cool though to be able to see how Mexico sees the stories in the book of Mormon.  

So the was on Saturday, then Sunday morning was the redecitcation.  Presidant Eyring and Presidant Holland were both there, and they both spoke and it was so amazing. I was a mess with tears. 

Then today guess what I did.  I went to a session in the Temple.  It was honesetly one of the most humbling experciences of my life. Even though I may not have understood every word of the session, I understood the spirit.  He was speaking loud and clear.  There were some women who were sitting in front of me and in the middle of the sesson they all just started crying.  They said they were just so grateful to finally have a temple close to them again.  I am so grateful to have lived in a place that no matter where i was, I could get to the temple in 30 minutes.  It truly is the House of the Lord.  

This week I defiantly learned a lot, but as I have looking back at my notes the word CONSECRATION has been written down 8 times, in the last three days.  As a missionary I am slowly learning what it truly means to give all I have to God, and it is defiantly harder than I thought it was going to be.  I didn´t think it was going to be hard sacrifing myself for others 24/7, but it is.  The natrual man in me likes to be a little selfish.  It is so important for us though to give our entire selfs to HIm.  That is when we start to see miracles happen.  That is when we are converted.  It is crazy to think that I have to convert myself to this church if I want to convert others.  I have to do the same exact things that I ask my investigators to do.  I love that.  I love that I can truly testify that we can change, because I can see how God is changing me, by keeping the commitments that I said I would to Him.  

AWKWARD
Oh yeah I had a mashed potatoe sandwich for lunch.  And it was Mexico´s independance day yesterday.  I were going to try and stay up and watch the fireworks (which isn´t a good idea anyway, it breaks like 12 mission rules)  but then Presidant Call said if we did we would be shot. So we just laid in bed and listened to them until 3 in the morning.  Hermana Batty got a love note from one of the Lantinos telling her that she looks like an angel.  It also said he wanted to talk to her but it was too late, he had already left.  So she is going to email him and tell him thank you, but no thank you.  We were dying.  Oh the other day somehow during the day my skirt got tucked into my garnments.  I don´t know how long it was like that so the WHOLE CCM probably saw my WHOLE bum all day.  I am such a dignified missionary.


1. Thanks Papa for the huge package, It has made me pretty popular here.


2. The most beautiful bus, oh yeah and the temple.


3. My hermanas de un orta mama


4.  Do not fret friends, I am still hipster

No comments:

Post a Comment