Wednesday, September 30, 2015

#5 Last Week in the CCM

LAST WEEK IN THE CCM. WOO TO THE HOOTY HOOT HOOT.

This time next week I will actually be in the field, doing actual missionary things, and teaching real people.  The time has flown by so fast, but then again I feel like I was born in the CCM.  It´s going to be weird not practicing Spanish with Claudia the janitor everytime I go to the bathroom.  It´s going to be a  change not eating enchiladas with yogurt for breakfast. Oh how I am going to miss the sounds of 500 fireworks going at all hours of the day.  But soon I will be back in the Estados Unidos (fist pump in the air) eating oatmeal for breakfast, and only hearing fireworks once a year.  Dang.  
Haha, as much as I complain about the CCM, I wouldn´t change the experiences I have had here for the world. I have had my lowest of lows, but more frequently highest of highs.  I have slowly seen how the Lord is changing me and is using my strengths to bless the lives of others.  Being able to do the Lord´s work is truly the greatest joy, and I am not even a real missionary yet.  

This week the real people we taught were a father and son, I son´s name was Seth and he was the cutest two year old thing in the world.  he broke all my pens and almost electricuated himself in a 15 minute span.  It was awesome.  But our lesson was on how we can receive answers to our prays through the scriptures.  He then shared his testimony with us about how he found the church and how the escriptures answered so many of his prayers.  I felt the spirit so strongly.

Also we taught "Erika" last week who is really our teacher.  But I had a super strong feeling that we needed to teach her about missionary work.  That she needed to share the testimony that she had with someone.  It turned out that in real life, she did have a friend who resently separated from her husband and was going down hill.  She was so sweet to share with us how the experience helped her.  Every day I learn that I am not the teacher but just a mouthpiece for the spirit.  

If you weren´t able to watch Elder Scott´s funeral I highly suggest you do.  It so moving and so powerful to hear the joy that there was.  This life is not the end, only just a brief moment.  We have to much more to look forward to after this life.  Now is just a time to prepare.  I am so grateful for the temple and for the amazing sealing power that is gives to us.  Being baptized is not enough, we need go through the temple and be sealed in order to receive the highest degree of glory.  I hope that when I teach my investigators I will be able to share the testimony I have of the temple, and help them reach that goal one day.

AWKWARD

So apperently there are these things in Arizona called javelinas.  Elder Hatch who is from AZ was telling us about them today.  They are these huge hairy pigs that run around in packs at night and chase people.  Wow ok.  Also Poor little Hermana Garcia is pregnant and throws up every day and it echos through the halls, but she is so happy about.  She literally will wave and smile so big as she is skipping to the bathroom.  I hope I am that happy when I am pregnant.  

this picture explain how we feel that we only get to be companions for one more week.
The Elders really liked the we made so they had to take a picture too


No comments:

Post a Comment