Wednesday, September 23, 2015

#4 "Turn out not in"

My companion and I
Hello

I don´t know if its just because I have been here a month or because we got a new chef or something, but big news.  I LIKE THE FOOD.  I know you all are so proud of me. So no I have not gone hungry this week.  Hermana Batty and Hermana Norton left this week.  I hope they are doing well out there in Chile, but I wish they were here with me still to talk about Nacho Libre with me. 

I am still in the CCM and I am learning more and more everyday.  Spanish is starting to get into the complicated scary part but I say bring it on.  I have so many flash cards sprawled all over the floor.  So many crazy words flying through my head.  I have been praying like crazy for desire to work harder.  Prayers so for sure get answered.  

Everyday is pretty much the same here in the CCM but here are some of my favorites this week.  We watched a devotional By Elder Bednar about the difference between Christ and us.  The difference is that  when we want to turn into ourselves, he turns out.  After he had suffered for all of our sins through the most painful moments in teh history of the world, gone out to see that his apostles couldn´t have even stayed awake one hour, and after he was betrayed by his own friend with a kiss, he still able to turn out and heal one of the guards that is trying to arrest him.  I am still trying to figure out how to change and turn away from the natural man myself this week.  

Also we were able to teach another person this week, who was not one of our teachers.  Thanks the Cielo.  Her name was Laura, who is an very active member of the church and volunteered just for fun.  She was so cute, but I had not idea what the heck she was saying.  She was even talking really slow.  So the conversation wasn´t very interesting in the beginning, but  I asked her to share with us a little about her family.  She explained that she is a member and her husband is a member but her brothers and sisters are not.  I had a prompting to share a scripture with her, and I asked her if she had faith that God answered her prayers.  She kinda looked at me funny but said yes.  then I had another prompting that she needed to share her faith with her brothers and sisters.  That one of them needed the gospel.  We all started bawling, and I don´t know if we is acting on our invitation to her, but I got to see a little bit of what the field may be like.  

Another thought, hope is not just wishful thinking, but when we hope in Christ it becomes the strongest expectation. 

AWKWARD

Hermana Kynaston was teaching me yesterday ( We act like we are investigators) and we were outside.  The workers were mowing the lawns like they do every single day so I couldn´t hear her very well.  She just kept teaching and then she yelled at me "I said Do you BELIEVE IN THE DEVIL"  right when they stopped mowing, it was awesome.   Also I find it quite awkward how often our Elders bring up high school musical into our conversation.  They know every line to all the movies, its kind of impressive actually.


No comments:

Post a Comment